Working AI into Your Enterprise Initiatives
When determining where to apply artificial intelligence in your enterprise, the possibilities are quite broad. In the coming years, almost every new and updated application will depend on some form of AI. For example, you might introduce AI in:
- The products you make and the services you offer
- The supply chain for those products and services
- Business operations (hiring, procurement, after-sale service, etc.)
- The intelligence used in determining and designing your product and service set
- The intelligence used in the marketing/approval funnel for your products and services
When AI Performs Best
Effectively matching AI to the challenges in these business areas requires you to understand what AI does better than a human and better than human-controlled business intelligence.
The identification of objects by a well-trained AI-based camera is on par with a human. Sure, there can be an immense amount of work training the algorithm on all the varieties and conditions of speed-limit signs, but that autopilot camera on the Tesla is going to scan for the signs all the time. Although eyeballs and cameras might have similar recognition capabilities for speed-limit signs, as the object grows more complex, AI has been shown to detect objects more accurately and rapidly. Furthermore, the human driver frequently just assumes the speed limit, goes with the flow of the traffic, or just doesn’t care.
For the rest of the article, please see link.