Information Management: Strategies for Gaining a Competitive Advantage with Data
I have exciting news to share!
My new book “Information Management: Strategies for Gaining a Competitive Advantage with Data”, published by Morgan Kaufmann, will be out on December 29. It is available for preorder now on Amazon at: http://amzn.to/16h7xOY.
It is about making smart decisions for getting company information activated to the fullest. It’s for those who works with corporate information – implementing or using.
In the book, I develop the value proposition for information in the enterprise and provide the distinguishing characteristics of the numerous forms of data storage. Information Management promises to enlighten and challenge what you know and help activate information in the enterprise.
The book provides practical, hands-on guidance through the major topics at each phase of your information journey. In Part 1, you’ll learn about how information is important to a growing business and how organizations tend to manage information today with data warehouses. Part 2 address the technologies and data that are progressive to the organization for extending the data warehouse and harnessing a new set of functionality around information.
In Part 3, I dive into Big Data and NoSQL and how technologies like Hadoop enable new forms of data to be managed. Finally, Part 4 synthesizes it all while addressing topics of agile development, modern business intelligence, and organizational change management.
Read the book cover-to-cover or keep it within reach for a quick and useful resource. Either way, this book will enable you to master all of the possibilities for data and the broadest view across the enterprise.
- You’re in the Business of Information
- Relational Theory in Practice
- You’re in the Business of Analytics
- Data Quality: Passing the Standard
- Columnar Databases
- Data Warehouses and Appliances
- Master Data Management: One Chapter Here, but Ramifications Everywhere
- Data Stream Processing: When Storing the Data Happens Later
- Data Virtualization: The Perpetual Short-Term Solution
- Key-Value, Document and Column Stores: Hash Tables Reborn
- Hadoop: Analytics at Scale
- Graph Databases: When Relationships are the Data
- Cloud Computing: On-Demand Elasticity
- An Elegant Architecture Where Information Flows
- Modern Business Intelligence: Collaboration, Mobile and Self-Service: Organizing the Discussion and Tethering the User to Information
- Agile Practices for Information Management
- Organizational Change Management: The Soft Stuff is the Hard Stuff
I hope you enjoy.