What Are You Doing for Lunch on Monday? Brownbag it and join #CXO Chat @ 12 ET: Using Data to Drive a CX Advantage
“Businesses are working harder than ever to keep up with the demands of their unpredictable consumers. These digitally-savvy, on-the-move customers want more personalized experiences, and businesses that fail to deliver on their expectations are likely to be left behind. According to a new survey of marketing professionals by IBM, The State of Marketing 2013, leading marketers are meeting the challenges ahead in innovative ways. They’re taking greater responsibility over customer service interactions and using big data, along with location-based tactics, to better personalize their marketing communications across all channels in the enterprise.” [Excerpt from Results from IBM’s Global Survey of Marketers]
How can businesses really utilize data to stay ahead of customer demands and cultivate a customer experience advantage? In our next twitter chat guests Stephanie Thum, VP of Customer Experience at Export-Import Bank and William McKnight, author and President of McKnight Consulting Group, join us to discuss “Using Data to Drive a Customer Experience Advantage.” Here are the questions we’ll be discussing as well as reference articles to help inspire the January 27th discussion at 12 PM EST
#CXO Chat Discussion Questions:
1. Can data accurately determine the best way to reach and interact with customers? Why or why not?
2. How can we use data to better prioritize and identify the interaction points that add value to the brand and the experience?
3. How can you leverage data to know which services or products matter most to customers?
4. Can businesses use data to attract new customers? How?
5. What are the main drivers of churn and how can businesses pre-empt?
6. Which customers should businesses focus on with retention strategies? Can data identify these customer segments?
7. How and where are companies using data successfully to create a competitive advantage?
8. Embrace data today or die tomorrow. Is this statement true or false with regards to customer experience? Explain
What is #CXO chat?
#CXO chat is a weekly conversation every Monday at 12 Noon EST, on Twitter. Each week we discuss a different customer experience optimization topic.
How do you join in?
If you use a Twitter client like Tweetdeck, HootSuite or Seesmic Desktop, create a search column for the term ‘#CXO’. Then as we tweet with the #CXO hashtag, they will show up in your column. Or you can follow with Twubs – http://twubs.com/cxo and it automatically adds the #CXO hashtag
How do you participate?
Just jump right in! Review the discussion questions posted so you can prepare your thoughts and answers. When the question is posed begin your response with A1: for question 1 and A2: for question 2 etc. No answer is wrong! We look forward to seeing you at the #CXO water cooler hosted by @IBMbigdata
Follow the hashtag #CXO throughout the week for articles, facts and nuggets on customer experience optimization. You can also continue the discussion on LinkedIn in the Customer eXperience Optimization group http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=395